Wednesday, August 15, 2012

george-proofing, cont.

The mulch and groundcover approach to the shady side yard was disastrous. It ceased to look like the photo in my previous post after 24 hrs, with $100 worth of periwinkle and a newly uncovered (from beneath holly leaves) patch of creeping jenny being mercilessly relieved upon and paw-tilled daily. In trying to make the path to the backyard less muddy I had somehow created the zoomy-and-poop heaven of boxer george's wildest dreams. So I opted for more rocks. As a new gardener, rocks are my new bff. Every piece of rock is a piece of yard that will stay where I put it and won't ever harass me again. So I bought 18 more flagstones from HD and broke my back. This is probably where we still stay through winter. Next stop....front yard!

and the perfect end to a long successful day in the garden - summer pasta with zucchini, onion, garlic, fresh mozzarella, cream, kalamata olives - and tomatoes and basil from our backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment